Wednesday, October 31, 2012

How to get Non Professional license from Land Transport Office (with assistance)

Please take note that I enrolled myself in Smart Driving School so I had legal assistance with me through out the process of claiming my non professional license. Actually, this was the reason I enrolled in driving school.

Here are some tips when claiming assistance from your driving school:
  • Inform them a day before.  Call them up (Smart San Juan, 722-0003) to let them know that you will be joining them so they can wait for you and/or to find out if the LTO branch is working because sometimes, they are offline.
  • Be at the branch at 7AM! I was actually late, so I missed the general orientation. You will walk to the LTO branch. The LTO office open at 8am but you can take your medical at 7am - ish.
  • Bring all requirements. Student Permit, Driving School Receipt and Assessment form.
  • Map of the SMART branch that would help you get your license.
     
Here are some tips when going to the Land transport Office (LTO):
  • Don't pee in the morning. You will be taking a medical test that requires your urine so save it until your test. Haha! But if you can't handle it, just drinks tons of water.
  • Free your day. I wasn't part of the lucky few who went and got their license in a few hours. So expect to spend your entire day there.
  • Bring food. You will be waiting and waiting and you cant leave even during lunch time because they do not have lunch breaks (employees shift to take turns for lunch)
  • Bring a foldable chair. There were soooo many people and so little chairs available. During my first day, I was standing up for 4 hours straight.  It was also hard to move around due to the number of people. Just find a spot beside the chairs and place your foldable chair there.
  • Don't use earphones. They have one speaker that isn't loud enough if seated in a certain place and you really have to listen in for your name to be called or you forfeit your slot to do whatever.
My experience:
Step 1: Go to the Smart Branch to Sign up. They will give you an application form. But you can get this form when entering the San Juan LTO branch from the guy with the desk. His desk is literally in front of the entrance. He should be wearing a collared shirt with the LTO logo.

Step 2: Go downstairs to get your medical drug test. After you filled up your application form, you give it along with Php300, to the window. Sit down and wait for your name to be called. When the personnel calls out your name, you will be seated behind. Now, I'm not sure if I peed into a cup first then they took my picture or the other way around. But yeah, they will take your picture for the medical.

Step 3: Take your physical examination. Facing the booth where the personnel called you to take the drug test, on your right is a room. Head there for your medical. The doctor will ask you basic stuff about your body and you pay Php100 to get the certificate.

Step 4: Submit all your requirements and wait. Because I had assistance from my driving school, I had to submit to him, sir Ares. But from my hours in the LTO, I found out that you submit all the requirements to the desk where you got your application form. He will then give you a number (160 applicants per day only) and he will then submit it. Everyone (assisted or not) will be waiting for their name to be called at Window 1.

Step 5: Get your picture taken then wait. Once you get called to Window 1, it is officially the moment that will determine the picture on your license. Guys, take out your earnings but girls can keep it on. You can smile!

Step 6: Pay at Window 10. But don't go directly there. You have to wait to be called to Window 10 to pay. Total cost is Php168. 

Step 7: Go to lecture room, wait, Take The Test, wait. After taking your picture, you will wait again till they call you to head to the lecture room. Once in the lecture room, sit down and they will give you a quick review on the test then you will wait inside for your name to be called. Once called, you will move to the other area of the room, sign up and wait again. They will call you a few minutes later and give you the test.

Because I went to driving school, I was given a reviewer. But it's basically the same as this reviewer (and the test). So read up! Also, I suggest taking the Filipino test. I have to be honest, Filipino isn't my strongest language but according to the instructor, it is easier than the one in english.

For non professional, you need to score at least 30 out of 40 questions.
For professional, you will need a 45 out of 60 questions.

There is no use cheating and copying off from the person beside you because each test is different. The questions were jumbled up and the answer key varies per person. (I scored 37 out of 40... Achievement Unlocked!)

Step 8: Go outside and wait for your name to be called. Now, this is where it will vary if you went to driving school or not because the next step (if you passed the written test) is the actual driving on the site. Once you are called, go to the desk near the stairs and Window 1. Because of my assistance, I skipped the part of driving and just signed the pledge. But from what I overheard from others is that you bring your own car or pay extra to use their car for the test.

Step 9: Wait for your license. I don't know if there are other steps, but as for my experience, my next step was waiting for my name to be called so they could release my license. I had to pay Sir Ares Php620 for licensing fees, driving fees, etc. which he advanced - I think.

Optional Step 10: Buy your LTO Plastic Jacket. They sell it for Php20 at Window 2 but I think the vendors outside have better quality for the same price.

Luck wasn't on my side when I got my non professional license because just when they were printing my questionnaire, the printer broke. So, yeah. I couldn't get mad at them because it wasn't their fault but gosh. What is bad luck. Anyway, I spent a total of 14 hours in the LTO branch. 9 hours on the first day and 5 hours on the second day and I spent a total of Php1,208.

Hope you learned something!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Very informative....Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Thanks for the info! #GODBless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it true that there will be no actual driving in LTO san juan? (to those who are enrolled at smart driving school)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u sa info...my nakita kb n fixer don?at tyaka pd kyang auto or sariling sasakyan pangtest drive?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I will be applying tomorrow but I forgot to inform Smart Driving San Juan Branch. Will that be ok? Thanks Will wait for the answer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which one is better school, Smart driving school or Excel driving school in Mandaluyong. Excel is more cheaper than smart. Please help.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very informative... I took my driving lessons from Smart too so does that mean that I will be exempt from the practical exam? (that means if I pass the written exam lol)

    Anyways-. thanks for sharing your experience it will be a great help for us future non-pro / pro drivers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Driving Instructor Auburn

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog conscious me about particular programs which can emerge as very beneficial for our pals and children. Few net websites offer mixed guides and few of the are separately for unmarried state of affairs. satisfied to get this information.Driving School Blacktown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This site made me aware of specific initiatives that may prove to be quite advantageous for our friends and kids. Few internet sites provide general guides, and even fewer of those do so independently for each situation. happy to have this knowledge.
    Thanks Driver's Education Granville!

    ReplyDelete